Construction Case Experience
Arbitrations — examples:
- semisubmersible drilling rig and mooring system (engineering, procurement, and construction); over $150 M in claims and counterclaims. 150-page award.
- large apartment complex; 12 parties.
- major league baseball stadium; two hearings on a dozen issues.
- petrochemical plant expansion.
- contract to install underground conduits, lighting, and signaling for public highway project.
- large diameter pipe supplied for pipeline construction project (alleged defects in manufacturing).
- gas processing plant.
- pipeline delivery station.
- chemical plant (engineering, procurement, construction); almost $200MM in claims.
Mediations — examples:
- several refinery/petrochemical plant construction disputes
- bad foundation in City’s newly constructed 10-story building; co-mediated with non-lawyer construction expert
- dispute arising out of construction of sewer plant in Puerto Rico
- dispute arising out of construction of restaurant/night club
- bad foundation in high-end home
- bad foundation in high-rise condominium project
- 8-party case involving construction of 10-story office building
- pipeline crossing two states